Posted to alt.home.repair
T. McQuinn T. McQuinn is offline

Default Portable Digital TV's? but no room at the inn

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Will there be TV broadcast signals during a power cut? Some of the stations
near me continue to transmit. perhaps backup generator. The power cuts I've
experienced, suddenly there is no money work to do. And so I have LOTS of
time on my hands. I bring out the manual type writer, and write journal
pages, and letters to friends.

I'm not sure what alternative power options the stations have, but this
last outage was pretty widespread and they were transmitting by the time
I got the generator rigged. Seriously, it would be no great loss.
Their advice was of no use to me and their assurances and predictions
struck me as geared more towards preventing panic than telling me when
I'd have juice again. And my pessimism served me well last month.