Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Portable Digital TV's? but no room at the inn

Will there be TV broadcast signals during a power cut? Some of the stations
near me continue to transmit. perhaps backup generator. The power cuts I've
experienced, suddenly there is no money work to do. And so I have LOTS of
time on my hands. I bring out the manual type writer, and write journal
pages, and letters to friends.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message

On your charged-up laptop, which will run about as long as alkalines in
a battery TV. If you have gas in the car to keep that battery running,
you can sit in the car and watch. I've done that a few times, now I just
try to sleep through the outage, or if it is several days, find the
nearest hotel with power and room.

I wanted to do that last thing, but there's a problem in that major
power outages often coincide with hotels being full, as happened
during the recent storm (Ike).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"The government of the United States is not, in
any sense, founded on the Christian religion."