Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Exterior Insulation Retrofit Questions

"Glenn G. Chappell" wrote:

-snip-
The plan: dig a ditch around the outside of the house and attach 4
inches of Insulfoam R-Tech to the outside walls. Cover it all up
with ... something.

-snip-
I'm not sure what to cover it with, though. I was wondering about
getting some rolls of vinyl sheet and gluing that on. Any ideas?

I covered mine with wire lathe- then two parge coats of mortar. Then
a waterproof tar-like substance for all the below grade portions. Talk
to some local contractors to see what is the 'tar-du-jour' this year.
It has been years since I did mine and I'm sure there is something
new.

Jim