Posted to alt.home.repair
DemoDisk DemoDisk is offline

Default Can portable radiators be repaired?

"Caesar Romano" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 00:23:46 -0500, "DemoDisk"
wrote Re Can portable radiators be repaired?:

In the past few years, we've accumulated five oil-filled radiators to
heat our very small house. The alternative is a gas "furnace" that

was
installed when the house was built over fifty years ago. HUGE money
waster!

Two of the rollable oil-filled radiators have simply quit for no

reason
I know of. Has anyone here diagnosed and repaired one of these units?
And Is it worth the trouble? I'd like to, if it's easy/cheap enough,
rather than buying yet another pair of them.

Thanks for your attention,
JPM

In another thread someone asked what the differences are between a $15
heater and a $100 heater. The "you get what you pay for" crowd touted
more quality and longer life for the $100 heaters. Does your
experience contradict that?

Ahh, well, I can tell you that all five heaters did not cost near $500.
Maybe the old saying is true...