Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Maintanince on furnace..etc.

On Oct 1, 6:21*pm, Bubba wrote:
On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 07:23:56 -0700 (PDT), ransley

wrote:
On Sep 30, 3:53*pm, Bubba wrote:
On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:03:29 -0700 (PDT), ransley

wrote:
On Sep 30, 7:44*am, "Moe Jones" wrote:
jazz wrote:
How often do you get your *furnace / AC maintained. I live in cold
climate with 2-3 months of hot. *I was recommended yearly for both.
Are the
extended *service plans worth the extra cost.

Thanks

I am retired from the business and you should have any A/C and Heating
system check before you use them to make sure all is safe to operate.
When it comes to a extended service plan all I can say if you trust your A/C
& Heating company, the plan is good for you and for them but if you do not
trust the company then it can bite you on the butt. I would use them on some
simple jobs and then see if they were fair and honest to you.
--
Moe Joneshttp://www.MoeJones.info

Safe? If the furnace runs and you have a Co detector what is unsafe.
Yearly maintenance on a Ng furnace is a waste of money if you can
check filters and flame condition.

You're still a friggin idiot Ransley. You still dont understand the
operation of fueled combustion.
I can put a furnace in your home with a hole in the heat exchanger big
enough to put your fat head through and I can still make it burn with
no CO. Then one cold night while you are asleep, the conditions are
just right (temp, humidity, etc) and all of a sudden the unit produces
enough CO to kill you in only a very short time
You really are a dangerous idiot.
Again I'll quote. Read your owners manual. Almost all will tell you to
have yearly maintenance and it can affect your warranty.
I really dont think all those manufacturers are putting that in print
because they feel sorry for us hvac guys and want us to line our
pockets with tune up money. Tune ups themselves are NOT money makers.
Take your tin-foil hat off Ransley. Its affecting your brain waves
beamed in from Mars.
Bubba- Hide quoted text -

So you say you can put in a furnace in a home with a big hole in the
exchanger, what kind of crooked hack are you, and tell us all how a Co
detector wont detect the leak, that would be interesting to know HOW
you can hide defective units. Tune ups are bull **** as to needing to
be done every year, as I said for Ng furnaces IF your air filter keeps
out dirt. Or keep dreamin and lying to yourself and clients to justify
your lack of business

Ok Ranting Ransley. Im going to show you and everyone in here AGAIN
how ****ing stupid you are.
First off, the furnace with the hole would be the one I would install
in YOUR home as I would stick YOUR head in the hole to show you how
big the hole in the heat exchanger actually is. Then I would show you
how my professional Bacharach Carbon Monoxide detector reads nearly
0ppm (parts per million) of CO while it is running. Yes thats right. A
hole in a heat exchanger does NOT mean it will produce CO. CO is
produced by unburned or poorly burned fuel. A hole in a heat exchanger
does NOT always burn poorly but its a good bet that it will at
sometime. I dont know where you came up with the idea that a CO
detector will show or detect a leak, crack or hole in a heat
exchanger. IT DOES NOT!
As far as the air filter, it keeps the air clean. It helps protect the
blower motor, blower wheel, any primary or secondary heat exchanger
and inlet side of the cooling coil. The air filter does NOT do ****
for the way a burner of any type works in a furnace. Its the same
reason a car needs a new fuel filter, pcv, spark plugs etc. The burner
has to be checked and tuned each year to make sure all is well and
nothing has changed from the prior year.
Now here is the best dumb ass. You want to see why a system needs to
be maintained professionally each year?
Check out this link to Tempstar and read the 5th paragraph labeled
"Protecting your Warranty". Pay particular attention to the 3rd word
"REQUIRED" *in that paragraph.http://www.tempstar.com/t-warranty.html

And finally you dip**** retard Ransley............Id suggest if you
want to match words you might want to pick on something you actually
know something about and dont try it with a professional in the hvac
field such as myself.
YES, you can now "BITE ME" you asswipe.
Bubba- Hide quoted text -

I bet you would install a defect anywhere, do you contact all you
installs telling them their warranty is in jepordy if they dont have
you out for 100$ cleaning. You are the kind of guy that might just put
a hole in a furnace to make a sale.