Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Free-Standing Stairs, Attached to Concrete Pad, Not House

Chris wrote:
wrldruler wrote:

Inspector recommends building stairs that do NOT attach to the house.
Instead, they would be attached only to the concrete pad.

So I need advice on how to build a set of free standing stairs,

I saw at my local hardware store some pre-built concrete steps in
different sizes, from a single step up to 3 I believe.

I was going to suggest that too, till I saw the part about it being a
single step. I'd just get some solid 8" concrete block and set them in a
row- they won't go anywhere. If inspector gets anal, mortar them to the
slab- they'll pop right off with a few whacks from a BFH when the time
comes, and can be used for other things around the yard.

--
aem sends...