Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Maytag Dryer Belt Replacement, etc.

Hello:
I have a Maytag PYG1000AWW Rev. 11 dryer.
I have two questions:
1. The drive belt is broken. How do it get to the pulleys, etc. to
replace the belt? I have removed the front panel, but I am not sure
that's enough. The sides and rear are all one piece of sheet metal.
2. When I lift the top, there are tow guide pins; one is next to each
of the hold down spring clamps. These have a smooth end and a threaded
end. Neither one has a nut on the threaded end, so they're loose and
removable. Should there be a nut on each of these? Thank you.
To reply directly to me, replace all 'z' with 'a' in email address.