Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Can portable radiators be repaired?

ransley wrote:
On Oct 2, 7:38 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
As a heating and AC guy, may I suggest another alternative? Replace the
octopus furnace with a new 90 percenter, and enjoy the comfort.

As to portable radiators. If you are going to plug in heaters, the new
"ceramic" heaters are supposed to be relatively safe, and supposed to be
more energy efficient. In my part of the world, electric heat is far more
expensive than natural gas or oil or propane.

Please consider a heat source other than electric.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DemoDisk" wrote in message

news:tMWdnWeA5vpVx3nVnZ2dnUVZ_ofinZ2d@yournetplus. com...

In the past few years, we've accumulated five oil-filled radiators to
heat our very small house. The alternative is a gas "furnace" that was
installed when the house was built over fifty years ago. HUGE money
waster!

Two of the rollable oil-filled radiators have simply quit for no reason
I know of. Has anyone here diagnosed and repaired one of these units?
And Is it worth the trouble? I'd like to, if it's easy/cheap enough,
rather than buying yet another pair of them.

Thanks for your attention,
JPM

You still believe that 2 different 1500 watt heaters can have a
difference in efficency, that 1500 watts is not 1500 watts.Think
again.

Hi,
Of course. Depending on that 1500W rating is outpt or input.
If input.... different heating element will put out different
output. Difference in enniciency.