Posted to alt.home.repair
Big_Jake Big_Jake is offline

Default basin wrench won't fit, can't remove plastic nuts

On Sep 30, 10:55*pm, Joe wrote:
On Sep 30, 10:07 pm, jim wrote:

On Sep 30, 9:05 pm, jim wrote:

On Sep 30, 5:11 pm, Big_Jake wrote:

On Sep 30, 5:03 pm, "Don & Lucille" wrote:

yes there is a tool made to fit over the nut I know ridgid makes one. Cone
shapes with notches that fit over those tabs"Joe" wrote in message

I'm trying to change my faucet in the kitchen and I just noticed that
the two nuts holding my faucet to the basin are plastic twist nuts and
I cannot budge them with my hand and cannot fit the basin wrench
around the nut without hitting the basin. It's a plastic nut with 2
wings. Is there any way to get this thing off outside of taking my
dremel tool to it?

I have the Ridgid tool, but I have had that not work too. *I have used
my torch in a pinch, on a stainless sink with a fire extinguisher
handy. *If you can reach it with your dremel, give it a shot.

JK

Just tap the lips with your screwdriver or dremel it off as you can
always replace also try needle nose pliers handle ends .- Hide quoted text -

Don't use a torch as it could discoler the stainless steel

actually it unscrewed the opposite direction. I was going lefty loosey
when it unscrewed right. Never really encountered that before. Is that
some kind of plumber trick to get diy'ers to give up?

No. That is really unusual. Are you sure it wasn't your perspective?
What brand is the faucet?

JK