Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How many wires needed for thermostat?

scorpionleather wrote:
I just noticed my existing wire bundle going to the thermostat has 4
wires but I am having a new variable speed two stage furnace (Trane
XV80) installed with the existing one stage condenser. I looked in the
Honeywell VisionPro thermostate install guide and it looks like I might
need at least 5 or 6 wires. The installer will discover whatever needs
to be done, but just wondering ahead of time if they will have to
replace this wire because it goes through some tricky wall sections.

There is a product available for this situation.
If your HVAC tech is not familiar with the item,
print out the information for him/her/it.

http://jacksonsystems.com/search/156

http://www.johnstonesupply.com/corp/...uct_group=5161

[8~{} Uncle Monster