Posted to alt.home.repair

Default joint compound on cieling.

On Oct 1, 10:10�pm, Red Green wrote:
Norminn wrote innews:27CdnZrrifCKl3nVnZ2dnUVZ_ovinZ2d@earthlink. com:

Chris wrote:

I am doing a painting project. When I put down my first coat of
cieling paint after priming, I noticed these little holes I didn't
notice before. So, I just did little dabs of joint compound and
smoothed them out to cover them before I put on a second coat. Do I
have to re-prime those before puttting on the second coat of cieling
paint, which itself is white?

Thanks

I would reprime the patches with a light coat of primer, dabbed on so
the edges feather out
and don't leave an edge. �Assuming you can see the spots from the
floor, they are large
enough, if not primed, to show a different level of gloss than the
rest of the ceiling. �Paint
is absorbed more into unprimed patch than it is into the primed area.
If you have any fine
cracks, use a paintable caulk to hide those.
Paint
is absorbed more into unprimed patch than it is into the primed area.

aka, paint flashing.- Hide quoted text -

I would reprime, prep is everything why risk a poor job?