Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default joint compound on cieling.

Chris wrote:

I am doing a painting project. When I put down my first coat of
cieling paint after priming, I noticed these little holes I didn't
notice before. So, I just did little dabs of joint compound and
smoothed them out to cover them before I put on a second coat. Do I
have to re-prime those before puttting on the second coat of cieling
paint, which itself is white?

Thanks

I would reprime the patches with a light coat of primer, dabbed on so
the edges feather out
and don't leave an edge. Assuming you can see the spots from the floor,
they are large
enough, if not primed, to show a different level of gloss than the rest
of the ceiling. Paint
is absorbed more into unprimed patch than it is into the primed area.
If you have any fine
cracks, use a paintable caulk to hide those.