Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jkdrummer@yahoo.com is offline

Default Mortar and clay chimney flue question

On Oct 1, 10:02*am, dpb wrote:
wrote:
I'm adding 12" to the top of my chimney flue. *I'm trying to get it a
little taller then the gas fireplace flue that's right next to it -
the smell of the smoke comes down the gas flue.

So I'm not an expert with mortar. *Any tips on mortaring this 13x13x12
pipe? *Won't the weight of the flue pipe squeeze a lot the mortar out?

That's why it's mixed stiff.

But, I'd ask what's the rest of the chimney--a flue liner block doesn't
a chimney make; it needs lateral protection/support.

--

The chimney is made with clay flue liners all the way down.

JaKe