Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default basin wrench won't fit, can't remove plastic nuts

On Sep 30, 9:05*pm, jim wrote:
On Sep 30, 5:11*pm, Big_Jake wrote:

On Sep 30, 5:03*pm, "Don & Lucille" wrote:

yes there is a tool made to fit over the nut I know ridgid makes one. Cone
shapes with notches that fit over those tabs"Joe" wrote in message

I'm trying to change my faucet in the kitchen and I just noticed that
the two nuts holding my faucet to the basin are plastic twist nuts and
I cannot budge them with my hand and cannot fit the basin wrench
around the nut without hitting the basin. It's a plastic nut with 2
wings. Is there any way to get this thing off outside of taking my
dremel tool to it?

I have the Ridgid tool, but I have had that not work too. *I have used
my torch in a pinch, on a stainless sink with a fire extinguisher
handy. *If you can reach it with your dremel, give it a shot.

JK

Just tap the lips with your screwdriver or dremel it off as you can
always replace also try needle nose pliers handle ends .- Hide quoted text -

Don't use a torch as it could discoler the stainless steel