Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Follow-up on motor brushes

On Sep 30, 11:45*am, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 9/30/2008 5:35 AM Blattus Slafaly spake thus:

I have made my own brushes with brush stock.

The Total DIY Guy in me says "kewl". But where do you get this stuff? Is
it still available, or is this something that came from some
well-stocked electrical parts store of yore?

snip

Carbon rods are available at any welding supply store. Theater supply
stores used to stock electrodes for carbon arc lamps. And there are
specialty firms that stock the high current copper-carbon brushes used
in starters and generators HTH

Joe