Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Repair a broken CHIMINEA style patio fireplace

On Sep 30, 10:32*am, "Colbyt" wrote:
A friend of mine had some high winds and her patio table was blown into and
knocked over her CHIMINEA style patio fireplace. *It was a fairly clean
break right where the chimney starts.

She has built a small fire in it after the accident and reports that there
is only a small amount of smoke leaking around the crack. *Looking for
something simple to secure the two pieces back together. *I thought of fire
clay but that might not be so simple. I would prefer something she could do
herself.

You guys aware of anything in a tube that might work? *Some type of fire
caulk?

This is not a large model but I imagine it does reach a fairly high
temperature.

This page illustrates the type of product we are talking about:http://www..readingcasual.com/chimineas.htm

Colbyt

A plumbing, heating, fireplace or even some hardware stores should
have a mortar mix for high temps- boilers-fireplaces etc. Dont buy
anything in a tube, mortars cure by chemical reaction. But nothing may
bond well