Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Bailout (politics)

So, do you think the speach Pelosi made is appropriate for a patriotic
American leader in a time of national crisis? yes or no?

Absolutely ..... (I'm not a Dem., btw).......just as patriotic as the
clowns who have voted
in lock-step with Bush and voted down the plan presented by Bush's
incompetent messenger.
The "leaders" should have seen this mess coming a long time ago and the
only answer was
to cut taxes. Cut taxes = buy votes. The entire house is up for
election in a month, and they
will sell their souls to get another 2 years, so the Reps tried to make
this a Dem plan. That
isn't politics? Florida has a great deal to do with the mortgage mess,
but Florida delegation
almost unanimously voted "no".

As for Obama not returning to Washington, that is ludicrous, as are many
of McBush's
positions. The freaking President is supposed to be the leader, not the
candidates. If
McBush was leading, he could pick up the phone, twist arms, and get a
deal made. Or,
better yet, come up with a deal more palatable and be able to
communicate it to the
public. Mebbe Sarah can do it for him.....just raise her hemline an
inch or something.
With several years of serious foreign policy "problems", energy crisis
and crumbling
economy, lots of folks are still voting on the basis of whether someone
was a POW,
has a vagina or dark skin. How many times has McBush voted against
raising the
minimum wage? And we blame people for being poor?

The "drill now" mentality reflects the same lack of leadership. We've
been talking about
the price of gas and the lack of saving by Americans for forty years!
What if we conserved,
which reduces the outlay in dollars AND we save our supply for the day
when the rest
of the world reaches our level of consumption?

The lame, pseudo-religious garbage in all of the elections since '80
could have been framed
in real moral terms that apply to everyone, like "save for a rainy day"
- don't refi to cover
your freaking credit card excess, save some money in the bank. Oh, the
bank would
have cash and not have to borrow? I can't buy $1,000 in cheap, imported
s--- to put
under the tree every Christmas? I'm old enough to remember the AIDS
epidemic getting
started - it didn't really matter that a bunch of gays had a horrible
disease. It didn't matter
when hemophiliac kids started dying by the hundreds - we just had to
make sure they
didn't buy the home next to ours.

No healthcare plan? I've got mine, I've got a job (now) so you and your
kids can die?
I know Joe and Harry phonied up a sore back, got a permanent disability
and used the
money to open a construction business? What goes around eventually
comes around.