Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sluggish Toilet

Does the bowl fill slowly? Or does it fill, and then the water stays in the
bowl?

If the water fills up high and drains slowly, please consider trying a
closet auger.

http://www.google.com/products?q=closet+auger+&hl=en

You get about what you pay for, the eight dollar ones are weak, and tend to
twist and get ruined. The Ridgid one for $25 works nicely. High water and
slow draining, sometimes the drain gets partly closed.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"NSN" wrote in message
My wife's toilet is a bit sluggish requiring the occasional use of a
plunger. It is an American Standard, 20 years old. Could someone point
me to a "how to" article on this subject or offer suggestions. I am
hoping that a Drano like product can be used.

Thanks in advance.

Norm