Posted to alt.home.repair
franz fripplfrappl franz fripplfrappl is offline

Default winterizing a cabin

I have a cabin (20x24) with a full wood foundation basement in central
Wisconsin. There's no heating system this winter and I need to
winterize. I will drain pipes and toilet, pressure tank and water
heater, the last of which is in the basement, and put insulation around
pipes where well comes into building.

Will winter actually freeze things in the basement? Average frost depth
is about 3 ft or so. I'm wondering if I should remove all canned goods,
liquids, etc, or if I could get by putting them on the floor with perhaps
insulation over.

Advice?

Franz Fripplfrappl