Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default JCB 24v SDS Batteries

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Started using my £20 JCB 24v for a few jobs.

Trouble is I have no experience of battery SDS drills, so I don't know if
this is usual for a battery SDS? I would have expected to drill more than
8 - 10 holes on a charge? What would a 24v brand name do on a charge?

No exaggeration, I can use my Dewalt 18v SDS for 50+ holes of 7mm, as
well as a 40mm hole through double brick - I know as I did it last
Friday when fitting out a bathroom and new skirting in a living room.
I've got 2 batteries, and expected to use them both, but havent changed
it since that morning, and also did another 10 or so 7mm holes in brick
yesterday.
The 18v Dewalt recip saw is another thing though. 20 minutes at best
when cutting tree branches.
Alan.