Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default bricklaying - tips for 3-hole bricks ?

I've done the DPC and course above now (DPC looks OK if a bit wonky
around the plastic airbricks !), so onto the maikn walls and
perforated bricks with 3 large holes in them.
All I've layed up to now is solid bricks. and since my mortar
"throwing" is not too good, it tends to be a pile in the middle of the
brick that gets spread out. If I do this with 3-hole bricks, I'll end
up having to fill in the holes completely and waste mortar.
So, any tips for laying 3-hole bricks ? Are the holes supposed to be
completely filled ?
Thanks,
Simon.