Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.engr.television.advanced
TonyQ TonyQ is offline

Default Gotta do Best TV thing again

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 05:28:39 GMT, "William R. Walsh"
m wrote:

Hi!

Not to p*ss on anyone's parade or anything, but quite frankly, I
can't fathom how anyone can rave over analog CRT TVs anymore.

One thing is the longevity...I've seen my old CRT TVs go past their 10th,
20th, and even 25th birthdays, and they still work as well as they ever did.
Most have required nothing more than simple cleaning of the screen to keep
right on plugging along.

I *like* that kind of a lifetime out of a product, and I'm not sure we'll
ever see it with the more modern LCD and Plasma TV sets. (Or maybe even the
modern CRT sets for that matter.) I'm of the strong belief that most (if not
all) of them won't last nearly as long because they were not made as well.

I am not saying that I would never buy an LCD or plasma TV set, but right
now I see no reason to do so. I don't have any need for anything more than
what the sets I have can offer, and I'm not going to throw them out while
they still work fine and meet my needs.

William

indeed... that was my backhanded message. Does the TV industry today
think and function like Enron or MCI or Lehmann Bros management?

I never said my old CRT unit gave a BETTER picture than the good new
LCD units. It has ended up to be an incredible value. Will I be so
lucky when I buy an LCD model? It's up to you designers.... and
corporate management, boys and girls.