Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Should I use my Radial Arm saw or my Table Saw to cut a 2 x4length wise

pete wrote:
with only 8 or 10 teeth. It really made a lot of sense to me, but I'm
again shocked for never considering that angle. I always use the
sawblade with the highest amount of teeth. I thought this would always
makes sense. Tom's remark however makes sense now, and I will never
forget it, well I hope not.....what a great discussion, I'm really
glad I wrote....Pete

It's not the number so much as the type. For ripping you really want a
rip tooth, not a cross or combination.

Framing material is so soft it really doesn't matter a whole lot other
than there is some advantage in coarser w/ wet material but a very fine
tooth crosscut would definitely be a poor choice.