Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Should I use my Radial Arm saw or my Table Saw to cut a 2 x4length wise

pete wrote:
I have 2 nice saws and have to cut a 2x4 in half length wise. My son
approached the Table Saw, and I suggested the Radial Arm saw. My
Radial Arm saw is a compound Rockwell saw, that allows me to move the
lower arm into a position so I can push the 2 x 4 from the side that
has the splitter. My son likes to do it on the Table Saw right along
the fence. ...

I use the radial myself because it's in a long table (12-ft) so have
good support.

Either works, but need a good outfeed table or other support on the
tablesaw.

Use whichever has the proper support or make it for whichever you're
most comfortable with.