Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.engr.television.advanced
John-Del John-Del is offline

Default Gotta do Best TV thing again

On Sep 17, 6:21 am, TonyQ wrote:
Somebody or some team designed one heck of a tv and I got lucky

No you didn't, all TVs (except the Korean models, which weren't
terrible) were reliable in the 80s. You can find these TVs along the
side of the road, and I'll bet at least half of them still work.
They're very simple circuit wise, and well built.

I purchased from Sears "Outlet". ....1983.... a .Sears-LXI
(Sanyo?RCA?) 26" Model.. a true combo tv-channel 3 or 4 -monitor .
Model 564-42951650 / 564.42952650.

564. model prefixes indicate Sanyo built. Most of these had RCA CRTs
in them.

This puppy performs. I ordered an HD converter from DishNetwork. I'll
get an LCD when this AWESOME crt tv fails me.

Performs? Most CRTs of this era have untinted glass which will render
horrible black levels in typical room lighting situations. Some high
end models used a somewhat dark tinted screen, others used an
exterior tinted glass cover.