Posted to alt.home.repair
RichK RichK is offline

Default Dehumidifier fan motor McMillan A0410A2405

This fan somewhat works, but one of the bearings is a bit off center. Since
the bearing holder is riveted to the shroud, there's no way I can see to
center it. Consequently, the rotor rubs the stator poles and sometimes will
not even start.

Regards...RichK

PS You were lucky with the walmart fan :-) This fan pushes a lot of air.

"Stormin Mormon"

One time I was fixing a dehum. I was out of state, and it belonged to a
friend of mine. I got a fan from walmart, about the same size. Wired it

in,
and made a shroud out of cardboard and duct tape. Kept the dehum working.
Hardly ideal. But it did work.