Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flexible plastic suitable for a fluorescent light diffuser?

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 10:19:33 +0100, Adam Funk wrote:

Can anyone recommend a type or source of flexible plastic suitable for
replacing them?

See if you have a proper film crew in the area and ask nicely of the
sparks if you can have a bit 216 white diffusion (Lee Lighting filter
number).

Or after a quick google:

http://proaudiostash.co.uk/lighting/...item_1211.html
£5.55 for 122cm x 53cm + P&P total £13.50.

Or see if there is a dealer with better prices from
http://www.leefilters.com. Filters come in rolls 7.62m x 1.52m or 7.62 x
1.22m, full sheet 53cm x 1.22m and half sheet 53cm x 61cm.

I'm not going to say this won't suffer the same fate as the ikea stuff but
it is proper film lighting diffusion so can take the heat etc. I've had
some bits kicking about here for a year or three and they show no signs of
ageing but they have only been in a room not close to a light heat source.

--
Cheers
Dave.