Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default 3 prong outlet, which way is up?

Harry L posted for all of us...

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 20:26:24 -0400, Claude Hopper
wrote:

PanHandler wrote:
"john" wrote in message ...
Does the 2008 NEC specify which way to orient 3-prong outlets?
The tradition seems to be ground on bottom, but I heard it is safer to
have ground on top so falling coins are less likely to short out a loosely
plugged in plug.

Ground down. How often do dropped coins slide down a wall?

Yea, I have a pile of burnt coins on the floor. I'll have to turn my
plugs ground up.

The coins are supposed to go in the fuse box :-)

bwaaaa good one!
--
Tekkie - I approve this advertisement/statement/utterance.