Posted to uk.d-i-y
mogga mogga is offline

Default Filling a skip - etiquette

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 18:17:01 +0100, "R D S" wrote:

How much higher than the highest side of a skip can one fill it before one
can be considered to be taking the ****?

And is it 'on' to increase the sides of the skip with board before filling?

I've seen dozens of skips being dragged away in the last 12 months and
they've varied from barely filled to hugely overfilled.

One skip that was overloaded the block took off the top stuff and left
it on the ground - it was stuff that would have fallen off.

My dad's mate recommends trampling the stuff down to get more in.
One at the dormer extension up the road put doors on the sides to give
them more room. That one went no problem.

The ones packed with soil seem to have been taken no problem even
though it was heaped up.
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk