Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default Filling a skip - etiquette

"John" wrote in message

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in

message

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , Ed Sirett
scribeth thus
On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 18:17:01 +0100, R D S wrote:

How much higher than the highest side of a skip can one fill

it
before
one can be considered to be taking the ****?

And is it 'on' to increase the sides of the skip with board

before
filling?

My experience.

If what you are putting in the skip is general rubbish, mixed,

some
bricks, some rubble, some soil, old kitchen units etc. then the

load
won't be any where near the maximum for the skip which is built

for
compacted bricks, clay, rubble or concrete. In these

circumstances
reasonable amount of building up the ends to match the sides and

little
amount of side build up will probably be OK, especially for the

smaller
mini and standard skips.
The large 12m³ skips should not be 'enhanced' as they are near

the
size
capacity of the truck.

HTH

As it 'appens we've ordered a skip for a small job out in the

sticks
tomorrow. Price quoted, 4 yard one, inc VAT is 55 quid but thats

only
concrete and brick rubble.

Chuck one bit of wood in there and the price goes up to a

whopping
115
quid!..

Anyone had this quoted?..
--
Tony Sayer

That's because they put it through the crusher and flog it at £10

a cu
metre !

AWEM

At what height would you cease to be happy to drive behind it in an

open top
car?

All the ones I see these days are either netted or sheeted when
driving.

AWEM