Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Viessmann Combi

In article ,
Mark wrote:
That's interesting. The fan failed on my 3 year old WB combi boiler,
which I discovered immediately when I returned from holiday. The
engineer (one from WB) told me not to switch it off *ever* at the main
switch since the boiler needs to perform self tests every 24 hours and
(the switching off) may have caused the premature fan failure.

I'm not saying I believe him. I am just reporting this since the WB
engineer *should* know what he is talking about.

I'd agree with him - although not necessarily word for word. My Viessmann
runs the pump for a short time every 24 hours even with heating and water
heating shut down to prevent it seizing. There is a standby button to
achieve this state as well as a normal mains isolator on the boiler.

--
*Always drink upstream from the herd *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.