Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Viessmann Combi

In article ,
John wrote:
A friend (as in the Flue question) has had a combi fitted upstairs (new
flue through roof). The fitter did a great job, but the electrician
needs to come in 2 weeks after my friend returns from holiday -
therefore it is running without a room stat at present.

No problem - if it's like mine. It comes with the thermostat wiring
bypassed anyway.

He is concerned about the noise and some of his family have switched it
off at the spur unit. My instinct is that this is a bad idea as it
could upset the pump or fan control. However, what is the noise - is it
a fan?

You can hardly hear mine at all with the cover on. Apart from when it
first starts - I think it blows air fast though the flue to make sure
there is no gas in there. But it's not a combi.
The electronics are fine if you power down completely - it will remember
all the settings.

--
*Why can't women put on mascara with their mouth closed?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.