Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default 3 prong outlet, which way is up?

On Aug 29, 9:45*am, wrote:
On Aug 28, 6:07*pm, "Steve Barker wrote:
Ground down. *the other way looks stupid.

* * I would have to guess the other way looks stupid because nearly
every one is installed the other way.

* * There are only two arguments that seem to make sense.

* * Ground up, does appear to have a slight safety advantage. *Notice
I did say SLIGHT.

* * Ground up does not work well with all plugs (then again ground
down does not work well with some other plugs.)

* * I don't intend to loose sleep over it, but all my plugs that get
added or worked on are ground up.

I find it funny that the NEC seems to cover every detail you could
think of, but not this one.

Mark