Posted to alt.home.repair
Anthony Diodati Anthony Diodati is offline

Default Cleaning an oven

"Peter" wrote in message

"Anthony Diodati" mrbreezeet1NO wrote in message

"Claude Hopper" wrote in message
Anthony Diodati wrote:
I have an electric stone/oven and want to use some oven cleaner, easy
off or
the like, but I think the oven must be hot?
How can I heat the oven, then remove the element if it is hot.
It is the bottom of the oven that needs attention.
Or don't the oven have to be hot?
Thanks, Tony

Read the can. Cold use.

OK, Thanks, I always thought it said something like "warm ovens clean
best"

Anthony.

Despite the directions on the cleaner, I think "longer soaking", cold,
works best. I spray my oven cold, wait a day, spray it again and THEN
scrub it after that, 48 hours later. I use steel wool and damp paper
towls to start, dry paper towl to get the last wet bits out.

There is sometimes a few gritty bits left over after which I spray one
more time and soak for 24 hours and scrub one last time.

As for the racks, I put them in a garbage bag and spray them, 24 hours
later it comes off easy over the tap with steel wool and an old rag.

Thanks, Sounds good.
I saved this post till to my hard drive till I can get to it, hopefully
this weekend.
Thanks, Tony