Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Cleaning an oven

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 19:17:14 -0700, "Anthony Diodati" mrbreezeet1NO
wrote:

I have an electric stone/oven and want to use some oven cleaner, easy off or
the like, but I think the oven must be hot?
How can I heat the oven, then remove the element if it is hot.
It is the bottom of the oven that needs attention.
Or don't the oven have to be hot?
Thanks, Tony

Unless the elelment plugged in and out, I'd be reluctant to take it
out just to clean the oven, hot or cold.

Next time line the bottom with foil (I should do that too**) I think
there might be especially heavy sheets made for this purpose.

**Although mine is continuous cleaning. It never gets totally clean
or even very clean but it never gets that dirty either.