Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New electric meter - how to read ( Economy 7 tarriff reader)

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 01:52:46 +0100, dave wrote:

Good advice but beware the standing charge for "tariff that is not
E7".

With very few exceptions *all* tarrifs have a standing charge of some
sort. Either directly stated as so many pence/day or by paying a premium
for the first n units per billing period. The amount of the "standing
charge" by either method is usually the same or within a penny or so.

Cost of power between a "standing charge" and "no standing charge"
versions of the same nominal tarrif are also the same, though I have a
sneaky feeling that some do have a little variation these days. The only
way to be sure is check the details of the tarrifs with the supplier.

btw I have not received an electricity bill for the past 3 quarters
even though have written and asked for one (3)!

How are you paying? If you haven't had a bill how do you know you are a)
paying the right company b) how much to pay them and c) the amount is
correct for your useage/tarrif?

If by Direct Debit stop it with your bank, don't tell the supplier. That
will normally make them sit up an pay proper attention within a week.

--
Cheers
Dave.