Posted to uk.d-i-y
endymion endymion is offline

Default New electric meter - how to read ( Economy 7 tarriff reader)

"dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:58:04 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:44:57 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

Good advice but beware the standing charge for "tariff that is not
E7". At present I'm (still) trying to sort out why I have a 20% hike
(in one quarter) for my night storage heaters, while the other meter
(for everything else, was only about 2%!
A cynic (i.e. me) might think the elec co want me to switch to E7.
btw I have not received an electricity bill for the past 3 quarters
even though have written and asked for one (3)!
When is it EnergyWatch to get the chop again :-) or rather :-(

I see one or two of you may know something about storage heaters. Mine are
many years old. I do not plan on changing them all but I am pretty sure the
meter is being hiked by one particular one which is broken.

I could try and repair it / have it repaired ( thermostat I think) but it
is a solder job in this heater and I cannot say I can do that, and I have
to find the part. I cant seem to find one . A 1979 heater is probably
defunct.

I am looking at a new one for replacement. I have seen Creda ( same make
as current but not the same make because Creda is no longer TI) . A Robinson
Willey, a Sunhouse, a Dimplex ( I have two smaller dimplex already and have
to say they do not impress me but.... ) and something called an Elnur.

Other than it has to be 3.4 KW to replace the existing, has anyone any
recommendations for make?