Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen[_2_] Stephen[_2_] is offline

Default boiler output: how many btu's do I need?

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 14:49:56 +0100, "Roger Mills"
wrote:

You can download the Barlo program from
http://www.heatweb.com/programs/heatloss.html

The link which I have for the Myson program appears to be broken but, if you
ask nicely, Andy Hall will probably email a copy to you.

Thanks. I downloaded the Barlo program. Interestingly for my dining
room it recommends just over 5000 BTU whereas the calculator I used on
some web site (can't remember which, sorry) recommended just under
4000 BTU. Sorry to use such old units but Tool station's catalogue
works in BTU hence I am calculating in BTU. I think Screwfix sell the
same rads, only last time I looked, the figures were different because
one used delta T = 50C and the other used 60C. I do have a patio door
which perhaps explains why the program, which knew about this, gave me
a higher value that the online calculator which did not.

Andy, if you are listening, can you provide the other calculator?

Thanks.