Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Wilson Colin Wilson is offline

Default New electric meter - how to read ( Economy 7 tarriff reader)

I am trying to read this meter because there is something wrong with the
way its reading ( or something wrong with the house wiring) because I am
using 200 quids worth of electric a month and I have nothing on.

If you have an isolator switch, switch it off, and see if it's still
recording use.

Are you in a flat, or otherwise shared accomodation of any sort ? - it
could be that the wiring is unbeknownst to you, shared with another.

Take readings now, photograph them if possible, holding a newspaper so
that the date is showing.

Check if the meter is using units against both readings - it could be
that their timeswitch or radio telemeter (switches on receipt of a
radio signal) is knackered.