Posted to alt.home.repair
blueman blueman is offline

Default driveway sealer roller

z writes:
i see lowes has rollers for driveway sealer, kind of like paint
rollers only bigger. instead of a squeegee or brush. what does the
assembled wisdom say about this?

For many years, I have been using a 9" long, THICK nap foam roller to
get the edges between our driveway and the brick border since I find
it hard to perfectly control the squeegee along the border and not get
the bricks messy.

Works just fine but I would think that over longer distances that the
squeegee is easier/faster than rolling -- especially since half my
work with the squeegee is redistributing the material from one big
puddle to where it needs to be since usually I pour out about 1/4 of a
5 gallon barrel at a time - I would think that a roller would require
more dipping which would take more time.