Fred McClellan

Default Leatherman Tool

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 20:35:57 -0400, Silvan
wrote:

Robert wrote:

I made the mistake of buying the Gerber type PST. The metal was porous

Me too. The metal is fine, but this thing is basically a set of pliers I
wear on my belt.

SNIP

I carried a Gerber for several years and thought it was good stuff.
Then they started dorking around with the basic design, and finally
eliminated one of the tools I used most - the awl-shaped blade which
had a serious cutting edge - used it to ream capillary tubes on
refrigeration systems.

I got a Leatherman a couple of years ago for Christmas, and haven't
carried a Gerber since.

_MUCH_ better quality, major difference in the strength, etc. I use
the stainless version, so I expect the cutting edges to go off more
quickly than a carbon blade - they don't. Must be 18-8 or so in the
mix. Been using this one for over a year and just now had to put an
edge on the two knife blades.

FWIW.
Cheers,
Fred McClellan