Posted to uk.d-i-y
Beemer Beemer is offline

Default Paint for new plaster

"SteveEB" wrote in message
I've had the walls in my lounge re-plastered (skimmed over artex) 4
weeks ago and have bought some Dulux Supermatt to paint them. However,
I've been told that Supermatt is not very hard wearing and will mark
up much more easily than normal matt paint. I'd rather not have to re-
paint them sooner than absolutely necessary so was wondering whether
to wait a bit longer for the walls to dry out (the plasterer says 6
weeks). What do you think? Is Supermatt ok? Or do I really need to
wait before using normal paint? I'd appreciate your advice.

Steve

Steve,

I have just finished painting my new extension with Dulux new plaster paint.
It goes on very well with either roller or brush and has very good covering
power. Yes it does mark easily and you cannot wet it to remove marks as it
disolves easily. Lastly I was aware that this is very expensive paint.

regards,

Beemer