Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveEB SteveEB is offline

Default Paint for new plaster

I've had the walls in my lounge re-plastered (skimmed over artex) 4
weeks ago and have bought some Dulux Supermatt to paint them. However,
I've been told that Supermatt is not very hard wearing and will mark
up much more easily than normal matt paint. I'd rather not have to re-
paint them sooner than absolutely necessary so was wondering whether
to wait a bit longer for the walls to dry out (the plasterer says 6
weeks). What do you think? Is Supermatt ok? Or do I really need to
wait before using normal paint? I'd appreciate your advice.

Steve