Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Sump Basin is always full of water

On Jul 31, 8:52*am, papa smurf wrote:
On Jul 31, 9:40*am, Phil Again wrote:

Papa Smurf:

Be aware that due to massive amount of problems with posters from GMAIL,
many readers of this newsgroup filter out all posts that come from @gmail
like your original post. *

Your post needs as wide an audience as you can get. There is a remote
chance that the leach field for your septic tank system may be in some
way influencing the extra moisture in your sump pumps. *

Also, with 3 acres of land I suspect your sump pumps would be directed to
a dry well (hole in ground filled with rocks and covered with dirt and
sod.) *Rain fall in this wet summer may have soaked land around you and
dry well is saturated.

I am not an expert on this. *Please post back about where you are
located, i.e.: dry southwest, Upper Midwest, Great lakes region, East
coast shore line. *If you are in Iowa flood plain, or Mississippi valley,
go away until next year.

I am in Ohio. *Unfortunately, leaving home isn't an option for me.
haha... *Wish I could sometimes though. *I don't *know much about the
septic system it's self. *Are there any good resources I could tap
into to educate myself before I call people to correct this issue?- Hide quoted text -

It could be many issues and just simply high water level. You need to
get the water sampled to see if it is city water= main break, sewer
water= sewer or septic, or ground water meaning high water table.
Contack your water co, mine would come out for free for ideas and
quick evaluation and know who could test water. I imagine you pay alot
to keep it pumped out. If its just the water table then it will be
hard to fix, only maybe will trees plants, and diverting water help.
You need onsite pro advise your water co may be able to give, or even
the city inspector.