Posted to alt.home.repair
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default OT T Boone Pickens

dpb wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:
... A geezly 707 hitting
flat out won't do it (that was the design criterion when the
original
standards were set, and I'm sure the margins were very large).
What
a shaped charge will do is another story, ...

The original analyses of containment, etc. are, of course, in the
FSAR
and there's much available in the NRC dockets on those. They're
interesting but marginally relevant to other specific terrorist
threats. The work specifically in that area is treated mostly as
restricted data for obvious reasons and so isn't readily available
(the old saw "if I told you what we worked on and the results, I'd
have to shoot you" ).

I ran into an even worse one once. "If I told _me_ what I worked on
and the results, I'd have to shoot myself". Did show the Powers that
Be a big hole in their security though.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)