BigWallop

Default Leaking Washing Machine Drum

"Phil Young" wrote in message
Quick version:

The drum of my washer/dryer is leaking around the aperture where the
heating element goes, due to some corrosion round the slot. I've
tired boss white, silicone sealant and doing it up really, really
tight to no good effect.

Is there anything else I should try ?

long version snipped

Cheers,

Phil Young

Once the drum itself becomes corroded, then I'm afraid it is to the knackers
yard with it. These drums are to flimsy to weld and once corroded are very
difficult to make a proper seal around the rusted bits.

The only suggestion I can make, is for you to make two metal plates that
will take the heater and allow you to sandwich the drum around it, between
them with some rubber solution sealant.

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com