Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default converting kitchen fluorescent light to recessed light

On Jul 19, 4:40*pm, "pkmicro" wrote:
Hi all,

We have Fluorescent Light Fixtures in our kitchen and has a total of 12
tubes of 3ft long at 30 watt per tube.
4 of them already out and I have replaced almost all of the other 8 tubes,
recently one or 2 of the tubes is starting
to go out. *Sometimes it turned on sometimes it doesn't. *I was thinking
would it be more economical in the long
run to replace the Fluorescent Light with "Recessed Light" and use compact
fluorescent bulbs instead?
The Fluorescent tubes are very expensive compare to compact fluorescent
bulbs. *Would this be a diy job?

Research LPW= Lumen Per Watt. incandesant are 17-19 Lpw, encompasing
all flourescent you go from 40 - 100 LPW its easy to see you have
options that will save you money. Some old T8 tube are around 40 LPW
and CFLS are about the same, you should look at a mix of T8 of 100 Lpw
of soft white and CFLs