Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default bending galvanized pipe

on 7/15/2008 10:39 AM franz fripplfrappl said the following:
I have some galvanized sections for a hoop greenhouse which need to be
bent and/or straightened. The tubing is 2" OD. Any suggestions how to
bend or straighten the pipe?

You're not going to bend that size pipe with anything but a machine made
for that purpose. If it galvanized, it is likely a steel or iron pipe.
Trying to bend it with any lever arrangement will likely fold the pipe
before it bends into any usable curve. It has to be machine rolled into
a curve. Try to find a local machine shop that can do it.
If you lived near me, I would send you over to "Orange County Choppers"
to see one of the Teutuls. They do that all the time. :-)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY