Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rawlplug just turning, how can I get a grip?

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 23:03:22 +0100, Steven Campbell wrote:

I'm not sure if I could get the rawlplugs out without digging into the
wall which I'm reluctant to do as its just been all decorated.

Remove any shelf/brackets, put a screw into the end of the plug a turn or
two then use a claw hammer or nail pliers to pull it out. Thin bit of
scrap wood will protect the decoration agaist the levering. If the plugs
are really loose you may be able to pull 'em out by hand using the screw.

You should have been able to tell if the holes hit joints/thick plaster or
bricks by how easy or not they were to drill and/or by changes in the dust
colour. Possible solutions small hammer in frame fixings or plug (or part)
within a plug.

Were the fixings the ones supplied with the shelves or your own? I
normally bin anything supplied as they never account for 10 to 15mm of
plaster so are too short and the screws tend to be made of toffee.

--
Cheers
Dave.