Michael S. Dameron, Major, USAF(retired)

Default Ideas for kitchen table legs?

I made an oak dining table that lives over in the Smokies now in a
cottage on the Hiawassee River. The legs were plain, about 3" as I
remember. To make them a bit more interesting, I did a stopped champher
on the outer corner from the floor up to about 3" from the top. The 45
degree champher was about 3/4 to an inch across.. The Lady that bought
the cottage liked the table and chairs I made, she bought them to stay
with the cottage.
Mike in Pelham, NC

UTRECHT wrote:

My wife wants a very rustic looking kitchen table. Im using red oak
and Ive already finished the top. Im trying to figure out what kind
of legs to make. I dont have a lathe so they cant be round.
Originally I was going to make a pedestal style table but my wife says
thats too country. She just wants 4 plain legs, but I think that will
look amatuerish. The only thing I can think of is to just use heavy
legs (about 5" square) and slightly taper them. Any other ideas?